Saturday, April 16, 2011

Looking for a Cure for Autism

Oh my, I slipped right into it. I started reading about a promising program that many parents of children with Autism are using. I became obsessed. Then I went back to that program with the Dolphins.

I am also trying to figure out how to go to Europe to get trained in that first program. Plane tickets, a week's stay, the registration... I do not have that kind of money. Obsession.

Breathe! I had not done this in years. At some point in the oldest dauther's life I had decided it was about the quality of her life, not a cure. Do not get me wrong I did believe and look for a cure when she was young.

But at some point it became about whether she was happy and loved. It just surprised me how quickly I slipped back into looking for a cure.

2 comments:

  1. very true...i really like the thought that quality of life is the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it took me years to get there though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Her Blog Directory Blogs by Women