Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cell Phone Annoyance

DD won't leave the cell phone alone. Well, ok, she won't leave the house phone alone either. Finally we have gotten to the point that both phones were out.

DD 'fixed' the house phone so well that the company had to be called to come and fix the hardward in the wall. She says she was taking the black piece out because it was in the way. Go figure.

Anyway the provider that handles her money was supposed to pay for her cell phone. We have been working on this for 2 and a half to 3 weeks. Still I learned when my daughter came home for the holiday this weekend that she didn't have a phone.

I think, with my little know-nothing self, that not having a phone is a health and safety issue. I even had to remind the provider to do an incident report. But that's another story.

I met DD and her DSP (direct support person) at the cell phone company. The DSP said that the cell phone company could not find her account. At I was in line I called the administrator at the provider and told her that I would pay for the phone and they could pay me back.

She started to explain to me why that would not be a good idea. I must admit I was past the point of listening to another explanation. I hung up. I called back later but I hung up.

I will certainly advocate to get my money back if for no other reason than DD stayed without a phone for 2 weeks. If I don't get it back oh well.

All of this to say, DD called me on her cell phone today to tell me she is going to the parade with the boyfriend. :D I am quite happy that she called me.

No comments:

Post a Comment